Saturday, March 1, 2014

What a Difference an Election Makes

I've been in Bangalore for 1 and a half years now, and not to offend any of my friends here, there are aspects of it (even though its the 6th largest economy on the planet) that is still somewhat third world.

I've been confronted with an ongoing garbage problem, a sort of down-trodden border-town feel to it -- in
some cases -- and a serious road infrastructure problem.

But hey, this an election year! So in the time span of about 2 weeks the city (or at least that part of it that I travel) has been magically upgraded seemingly overnight.

My commute to work is now a joy, as I don't have to be so alert to watch out for pot holes that could swallow an entire car.

I don;t think I've ever lived anywhere that I have seen such an amazing 180 turn or events.

I'm not complaining, in fact I am celebrating it. Just imagine how far this city could go if every year was an election year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment